Perfect Hinterland Residence For Horse Lovers
14 Balmoral Road, Montville QLD
Often referred to as a place where rustic charm meets with urban comforts, this home was creatively designed by the Brisbane-based owners eight years ago who have decided to give up their precious weekend retreat due to work commitments.
This sprawling home fulfils many wishes and can easily convert to a lavish entertaining venue; recently 80 friends were easily accommodated in the living room and veranda to enjoy a signature year of the owner Alternatively, it can comfortably switch to a more informal setting for families who can retreat to intimate spaces to share. Approvals permitting, it could even be turned into a B & B or boutique function venue for the many weddings held in the area.
In the warmer months, long lunches can be enjoyed on the 3-metre wide verandas that overlook the established gardens with small vistas to the ocean.
With its romantic charm, on several occasions brides and grooms have romantically said ‘I do’ under in the lush green surrounds offered by the property. A refreshing 12-metre salt-water pool with 12 x 6 metre loggia also offers the perfect spot to laze on summer days.
‘Balmoral’ is set on 13 undulating acres with pastures for horses to graze and shaded with macadamia trees. Peek views to the ocean to the east and to Baroon Pocket dam to the west are also a feature of the property.
The gardens take on the feel of Provence with conifers, hedging and lavender stretched along pebbled pathways; one might easily be transformed to another place and whilst picturesque, they gardens are not extensive and are easily maintained.
Also on the grounds, with its own outlook, is ‘The Rustic Red Shed’, a lovely old shed that has had part of it converted into a good size two bedroom guest house whilst the other part used for its original farm duties.
- Three separate living areas (one with an open fire)
- Two bedroom 85sqm Guest House and 120sqm work shed
- Three metre ceilings throughout
- Kitchen herb gardens & variety of fruit trees
- Air conditioning and fans throughout
- Feature open fire place with joinery wood stack
- Gourmet kitchen with 90cm gas stove and its own kitchen garden
- Numerous garden paths and walkways
- Five large bedrooms, Four with ensuites
- Over 140,000 gallons rain water in five tanks
- Double lock up garage with Four metre ceilings
- Large covered mudroom
- “C-bus” system with multiple Internet and speaker points
- Recycled waste water system
There are not many properties that come close to offering the enormous
array of extra touches that make this home truely unique.
View: On Appointment
Price: Contact Agent
Property Type: Luxury Landscaped Acreage
Land: 13 acres (approx)
Close to: Village, Wineries, Nat’l Parks
Key Features: Stables, Orchard, Gardens, Pool
Contact: Linda Shore-Perez
Mobile: +61 4 2737 8687
Contact: David A. Perez
Mobile: +61 4 2737 8600